Born Social are one of the UK’s leading social media agencies. We help Davids (not Goliaths) with social media management, strategy and advertising. Proud winners of 'Best Social Media Agency' at the UK Agency Awards 2017, our client base is wide and varied, ranging from consumer goods brands to hotels & restaurants, fashion & beauty brands, tech startups, property companies and more. We’re super ambitious and are looking to expand internationally over the next few years. To make this happen we’re looking for awesome people to join us and play a key part in that journey.
The Creative Team
Being a Creative at Born Social isn't just about making pretty things, it's about making effective work. Work that is tied closely to account strategy and work that is often tasked with getting people to take action. We believe in adding real business value to our clients, and you will often be presented with this challenge. We are not a table of passive designers, rather a group of social media strategists with an arsenal of creative skills. A diverse, multi skilled bunch, made up of copywriters, photographers, animators and designers who work incredibly hard and always think social first.
If you're the kind of person who genuinely gets a buzz from being smart in the social space then you're going to fit right in.
Why are we hiring...
Born Social is on the up. We have recently hired Creative number TEN and are looking for another super ambitious, mega talented person to join the team. Exciting times ahead!
This role is challenging, here’s what we expect you to deliver on a daily basis.
You will be responsible for:
- Translating a client’s objectives into an effective social first strategy, creating content that is specifically aimed at achieving measurable results.
- Managing your allocated time. We have a Tier system at Born Social so clients need to know how much of our Creative's time they are getting month on month. We put a lot of emphasis on the importance of this.
- Liaising with wider team members, Working closely with the Account Manager, Community Manager and Paid Media Managers on creative ideation and execution in pursuit of truly effective content, advertising and strategy.
- Although a Born Social Creative is an all rounder, a candidate who is proficient in Adobe After Effects/animation, with some experience in social media, or similar industry work is in high demand. You will work on a variety of different clients across all sectors. It’s the perfect role for someone who has 1-3 years agency or industry experience, who is looking for a new opportunity to hone in on their creative skills. A Creative at Born social is someone who:
- Is capable of running and planning shoots, with strong knowledge of how to manoeuvre a DSLR camera.
- Is experienced using Adobe Suite, especially on Photoshop and Premiere Pro - After Effects is a plus.
- Is an experienced copywriter, who can write compelling, unique social copy for a range of different audiences.
- Is passionate about social media and understands how it can be used as an effective marketing channel.
- Is organised and comfortable managing multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
- Is a team player who is supportive and capable of bringing the best out of those around you
- Is confident, vocal and professional, comfortable pitching ideas presenting in front of clients and attending shoots.
- We really care about each other here and are constantly working on creating an environment where people can thrive both personally and professionally. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Great responsibility from Day One - the opportunity to make a real difference
- Flexible holiday (minimum 25 days)
- Every other Friday we all work from home or wherever we fancy
- Free breakfast, good coffee & every tea under the sun... And a well stocked beer and wine fridge for the end of the day
- Personal learning and development budget
- Free library… Want a book we don’t have? We’ll order it!
- Free mental health support (via Runway East & Sphere)
- Competitive Salary
- Pension Scheme
- Monthly cash contribution towards a wellness activity of your choice
- Social by name, social by nature... We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun!