Senior Operations Manager
Born Social is one of the UK’s leading social media agencies. We help businesses that think like David (not Goliath) with social Strategy, Paid Media, Creative and Management.
We’re a super ambitious team of 45 people and growing fast so we’ve decided it’s time for an outstanding Senior Operations Manager to come in take ownership of our resource, systems and culture to help us scale!
You will manage our resource and processes like-a-boss to achieve maximum clarity and efficiency across our 5 delivery teams. To do this you will work really closely with all the teams but in particular the Director and Senior Team and our COO, Charlotte.
Core responsibilities will be:
- Leadership of the Senior Team, ensuring they are thriving both as individuals and as a team and that they have what they need to do a great job of leading their own teams.
- Managing resource across 5 delivery teams - Strategy, Account Director, Social Media Manager, Paid Media Manager and Creative - via account allocation and hiring timelines.
- Ownership of hiring and the hiring process for all account team roles, working with Senior team to ensure roles are filled on time with the best candidates.
- Analysing and reporting on utilisation of resource and systems across account teams, and efficiencies made.
- Management of technology and software, exploring opportunities to increase efficiency or even create IP of our own!
- Analysing time tracking data, reporting and solving consistent inaccuracies.
- Management of HR administration for all teams, including salary changes, onboarding and offboarding team members, performance reviews, approving learning & development and wellbeing budgets.
- Work closely with our COO, to deliver on business goals and strategy relating to resource utilisation and company culture.
- Agency experience - You've worked in or with agencies so are familiar with the operational challenges you will face in this role.
- Champion of change - Social media, the agency world and our size grows constantly so everything we do and how we do it needs to keep up.
- Brilliant listener - Good decisions require insight, and insight comes from observing and listening to what’s going on around you.
- Efficiency hacker - You hate wasting time, money or resource and are a pro at creating time saving solutions.
- Organisation obsessed - You love making a plan, communicating a plan, project managing a plan and reporting the results.
- Takes pride in their work - You see every bit of work and the people you lead as a reflection of you.
- Full of initiative - You’re enterprising and eager to play a key role in shaping and growing Born Social, proactively looking for opportunities to lead on.
- Cares about people - We believe if you look after the people, the work will look after itself. You to do.
We really care about each other here and constantly look to create an environment where people can thrive. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Great responsibility from Day One - the opportunity to make a real difference
- Flexible holiday (minimum 25 days)
- Every other Friday we all work from home or wherever we fancy
- Free breakfast, good coffee, every type of tea you can think of… and a well stocked beer and wine fridge for the end of the week
- Free library… Want a book we don’t have? We’ll order it!
- Free mental health support
- Personal annual learning & development budget
- Personal monthly wellbeing budget
- Competitive salary
- Personal and team annual bonus scheme
- Pension scheme
- Social by name, social by nature... We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun!
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.