Head of Talent - The Eleven
The Eleven is a startup studio. We're obsessed by building great ideas into brilliant businesses, and we’re on a mission to create the best place in the world to do just that. We work hard to ensure the companies within our portfolio benefit from “big company resources” without compromising the fast moving dynamics of being small and nimble!
We're looking for a brilliant Head of Talent to join our team and help us give all companies within The Eleven access to the best talent, and be our go-to person for all people-focused matters! We're looking for someone who understands the needs of a fast growing business and how to empower people to take ownership and affect change. You'll work with leadership teams across the businesses (currently Born Social, CharlieHR and The Eleven) on a range of hiring, diversity, onboarding, and learning & development initiatives.
- Sourcing candidates: sourcing candidates from a broad set of channels and assembling high quality candidate lists to assist each of The Eleven businesses in meeting their hiring objectives.
- Engaging candidate pools: keeping potential candidates engaged, generating excitement around roles and driving inbound applications.
- Manage end-to-end hiring: Managing the first phase of hiring, reviewing applications and determining which candidates to progress to the next stage as well as ensuring feedback is is provided and repsonded to between all parties to ensure candidates are engage and properly managed through each stage.
- External recruiter relationships: build and maintain relationships with recruiters to drive efficiency in the process by ensuring they understand our businesses, our people and continue to deliver high quality candidates.
- Work with leadership teams of companies within our portfolio to advise and help implement diversity, onboarding, learning & development and offboarding initiatives.
Potential role activities:
- LinkedIn sourcing & running online ad campaigns for open roles.
- Compiling and building up a candidate database, to ensure we’re building a list of qualified candidates we can hire now and in the future.
- Assist company leads in executing their hiring strategy
- Reviewing applications and providing feedback to candidates
- Supporting businesses in writing appropriate role descriptions & job adverts
- Managing recruiter relationships by articulating our requirements and providing feedback on applicants
- A genuine passion for startups/scale-ups
- Generalist HR experience in a fast-growing startup/scale-up (including recruitment, learning & development, employment law & retention strategies)
- Ability to self-manage - you will be working in a small team and will need to be comfortable driving the direction!
- An open, inclusive mindset - we believe diversity (of background and thought) is crucial to our success
- Strong communication skills
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
- An awesome team (company culture is VERY important to us!)
- Competitive Salary
- Unlimited paid holiday
- Team socials, activities and events every month
- Bike2Work Scheme