Head of New Business
About Born Social
Born Social are one of the UK’s leading social media agencies. We are a full-service social media agency for business that think like David, not Goliath - delivering strategy, creative, media and social media management. Proud winners of 'Best Social Media Agency' at the UK Agency Awards 2017, our client base is wide and varied, ranging from FMCG brands to hotels & restaurants, fashion & beauty brands, tech startups, property companies and more.
Since starting in 2012 we’ve grown rapidly, and are looking to increase the speed of our growth in the next few years. To make this happen we’re looking for a Head of New Business to spearhead our growing sales and marketing function.
About the New Business Team
The New Business Team are responsible for making an awesome first impression on all potential partners. We identify potential opportunities, educate and advise potential clients on the most effective social strategies, create the scopes of work for how we will deliver them and ensure we partner with the right Davids to whom we can add real value!
As Head of New Business you will be responsible for leading the New Business team, so your responsibilities will be varied. Broadly, they include:
- New Business & Marketing Strategy - setting, tweaking and then executing the strategy we need to bring the right clients into our door. Whilst the whole agency chips in supporting our content marketing and pitching, it will be you pulling the strings on it all..
- Leading Key Pitches - leading by doing, setting the standard… call it what you want. We will want you to lead from the front on most of the key pitches - from prospecting through to navigating procurement!
- Team Support - leading on the performance and development of our brilliant New Business team, as well as the hiring and growth of the team throughout 2019.
- Reporting & Feedback - liaising with the Director team at Born Social to report on performance, assist forecasting and resourcing, and sharing feedback on our team, work and structure from potential clients.
We’re a fast-growing business, in an ever-changing industry so although the above are the fundamentals, you need to be excited by the prospect of new challenges and opportunities that come up all the time.
This role is all about relationships, you are a natural people person and inspire confidence with your social media expertise through your clear communication. This is the perfect role for someone who knows agency new business like the back of their hand, but wants to take on the challenge of leading it in an emerging company and industry. We are looking for some who:
- Knows New Business well - between 3 and 7 years new business experience in an agency environment, and involving social media..
- Has a passion for leadership - direct experience managing, inspiring, motivating and growing a team around you.
- Inspires confidence - in potential clients and the team around you.
- Is a brilliant communicator - in person, over the phone or on email you say things simply and really listen to what others are saying.
- Awesome pitch skills - you will be pitching to our biggest potential clients, and helping your team develop their pitching styles so you have to live and breathe it.
- Strong commercial awareness - you must know brands and how marketing departments work and make decisions, and be able to make fast, commercially-smart decisions.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We really care about each other here and are constantly working on creating an environment where people can thrive both personally and professionally. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Great responsibility from Day One - the opportunity to make a real difference within a small, high performing team
- Competitive salary & Quarterly bonus
- Every other Friday we all work from home or wherever we fancy
- Free breakfast, good coffee & every tea under the sun... and a well stocked beer and wine fridge for the end of the day
- Personal learning and development budget
- Free library… Want a book we don’t have? We’ll order it!
- Free mental health support (via Runway East & Sphere) & personal wellbeing budget
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible holiday policy (minimum 25 days)
- Social by name, social by nature... We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun.