New Business Manager
About Born Social
Born Social are one of the UK’s leading social media agencies. We are a full-service social media agency for business that think like David, not Goliath - delivering strategy, creative, media and social media management. Proud winners of 'Best Social Media Agency' at the UK Agency Awards 2017, our client base is wide and varied, ranging from FMCG brands to hotels & restaurants, fashion & beauty brands, tech startups, property companies and more.
Since starting in 2012 we’ve grown rapidly, and are looking to increase the speed of our growth in the next few years. To make this happen we’re looking for a New Business Manager to join the team at the core of our growth.
About the New Business Team
The New Business Team are responsible for making an awesome first impression on all potential partners. We identify potential opportunities, educate and advise potential clients on the most effective social strategies, create the scopes of work for how we will deliver them and ensure we partner with the right Davids to whom we can add real value!
This role is challenging and fast paced. You will be first point of contact for any David looking to work with Born Social. No day is the same but this is what we expect you’ll be up to on a daily basis:
- Prospecting - researching and identifying potential new clients and building relationships with them. Including (but not limited to) developing your own personal network, attending key events, gathering and incentivising referrals internally and through partnerships, cold calling and emailing (although we do try and avoid this where possible!).
- Managing sales pipeline - educating potential clients on Born Social services via email, the phone, and lots of meetings.
- Closing new business - Proposal writing, pitching, negotiating pricing and contractual terms, drawing up Scopes of Work.
- Leading the onboarding of new clients - efficiently handing over new accounts to relevant teams using well organised systems and processes.
- Feeding back on product - identify potential improvements to our service based on client needs.
- Hitting monthly and quarterly acquisition targets - you need to be able to work under pressure to ensure we consistently hit our quarterly new business targets.
We’re a fast-growing business, in an ever-changing industry so although the above are the fundamentals, you need to be excited by the prospect of new challenges and opportunities that come up all the time.
This role is all about relationships, you are a natural people person and inspire confidence with your social media expertise through your clear communication. This is the perfect role for someone who has 2-3 years agency new business experience (preferably within social media) and who wants to develop their business development skills and experience within an ambitious, growing agency. We are looking for some who:
- Is a social media expert - through working directly in the industry or through your own passions or projects outside of work.
- Inspires confidence - you must be able to advise senior marketers and business owners on best practice social media strategy.
- Is a brilliant communicator - in person, over the phone or on email you say things simply and really listen to what people are saying.
- Awesome presentation skills - you will be pitching to potential clients regularly so you must have excellent written and presentation skills, be a bit of PowerPoint wizard and have a keen eye for detail.
- Strong commercial awareness - you must know brands and how marketing departments work and make decisions, how they compare channel performance and allocate budgets and where social fits within the mix.
- Isn’t afraid to suggest changes to improve the way the team works - we’re a small team and you’ll be a key component of improving our processes.
- Can work under pressure to tight deadlines - we often don’t control our own diaries in New Business, you’ll need to be able to prioritise effectively and work independently when the pressure is on.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We really care about each other here and are constantly working on creating an environment where people can thrive both personally and professionally. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Great responsibility from Day One - the opportunity to make a real difference within a small, high performing team
- Competitive salary & Quarterly bonus
- Every other Friday we all work from home or wherever we fancy
- Free breakfast, good coffee & every tea under the sun... and a well stocked beer and wine fridge for the end of the day
- Personal learning and development budget
- Free library… Want a book we don’t have? We’ll order it!
- Free mental health support (via Runway East & Sphere) & personal wellbeing budget
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible holiday policy (minimum 25 days)
- Social by name, social by nature... We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun.