Born Social are one of the UK’s leading social media agencies. We are a full-service social media agency for business that think like David, not Goliath - delivering strategy, creative, media and social media management. Proud winners of 'Best Social Media Agency' at the UK Agency Awards, our client base is wide and varied, ranging from FMCG brands to hotels & restaurants, fashion & beauty brands, tech startups, property companies and more.
Since starting in 2012 we’ve grown rapidly, and are looking to increase the speed of our growth and our standing in the industry over the next few years. To make this happen we’re looking for a Marketing Manager to join the team at the core of our growth.
About the New Business & Marketing Team
The New Business & Marketing Team are responsible for shaping the outward face of Born Social, leading on a range of initiatives to find new clients that want to work with us, and shape how the world sees and understands what we do.
This role is challenging and varied - no two days will look the same, but this is what we expect you’ll be up to on a daily basis:
- Strategy - Designing quarterly plans and calendars to execute on the company’s marketing strategy, and developing that strategy throughout 2019 and beyond.
- Content - Working with the wider team to develop and produce content for our website, blog and social channels. Everything from short social videos, to industry-leading white papers, to the internal collateral (creds and case studies) we need to-hand.
- Digital Marketing - Management of all our digital channels including the website, email marketing, SEO and PPC.
- Events/PR - Organising and delivering our own calendar of events over the year, and working to identify opportunities at other key marketing/social media events, including industry awards.
- Employer Branding - our brand and marketing are also crucial to attracting the right talent to Born Social, so you will work with the hiring team to support and advise on any marketing opportunities they need.
- Reporting - Underpinning all our marketing, is the results it can drive. You will be responsible for measuring and reporting the effectiveness of each of our channels, and making decisions about future investment accordingly. You’ll report into the Head of New Business & Marketing.
We’re a fast-growing business, in an ever-changing industry so although the above are the fundamentals, you need to be excited by the prospect of new challenges and opportunities that come up all the time.
This is the perfect role for someone who has a couple of years agency and/or B2B marketing experience, who wants to join a fast growing company to spearhead our marketing efforts over the next few years. We are looking for some who:
- Is a brilliant communicator - effective communication is fundamental to effective marketing. Internally or externally, in person, over the phone or on email you say things simply and really listen to what people are saying.
- Has experience managing others inc. third party vendors - whether it's our in-house Strategists, a freelance content writer or an SEO agency, you must know how to get the best out of them and ensure they deliver what you need, when you need it.
- Is a natural multi-tasker - events and marketing need you to be able to quickly prioritise and juggle responsibilities effectively.
- Has an eye for design - with our Creative Director you’ll be the guardian of our brand across all channels, so you need to know what a great brand looks like.
- Has strong commercial awareness - you can demonstrate real understanding of the role marketing plays in business and how to report on the value it's generating.
- Isn’t afraid to suggest changes to improve the way the team works - we’re a small team and you’ll be a key component of improving our processes.
- Is a perfectionist - you take pride in everything that you do, and won’t let work go out unless it’s flawless.
- And you need to be comfortable with various platforms - Hubspot proficiency is especially important.
We are an equal opportunities employer and believe in the power of a diverse, inclusive team. We welcome applications from all suitably qualified people, regardless of race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
We really care about each other, and are constantly working on creating an environment where people can thrive both personally and professionally. Here are a few of the things we offer:
- Great responsibility from Day One - the opportunity to make a real difference within a small, high performing team
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Every other Friday we all work from home or wherever we fancy
- Free breakfast, good coffee & every tea under the sun... and a beer and wine on-tap for the end of the day
- Personal learning and development budget
- Free library… Want a book we don’t have? We’ll order it!
- A personal wellbeing budget & free mental health support
- Pension Scheme
- Flexible holiday policy (minimum 25 days)
- Social by name, social by nature... We like hanging out with each other when it’s not all about work and love us some organised (and not so organised) fun.